Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I actually managed to get Easter Weekend off, I took off early Friday and had no work to do whatsoever on Saturday and Sunday! I was excited, until I realized I had to clean the house but that's a small price to pay for time off with the kid. I forced her to color and hunt eggs for me.

I discovered that I am surrounded by a child, a grown man, two cats and a dog that would all apparently rather starve to death than eat something that isn't exactly what they want that at any given time. I give up, it is not unreasonable for people to eat what they have even if it is not what they want at that exact moment in time.

I spent the weekend doing laundry, dishes, creating spreadsheets and picking up children's toys. It was a bit productive after all. I discovered that the new lab puppy is rather loyal to whoever is doing anything involving food and he is like a tiny little vacuum cleaner when it comes to dropping food or spilling things on your shirt. He's a sweet little thing after all even if he did scare me half to death by refusing to eat for a few days because he wanted something different and the cat gave him his cold. Long story, and not that funny.

Well, it's time to do something work related I'm sure and I hope to fit in some house keeping so I never spend another weekend off catching up on what was neglected as I worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers