Saturday, October 6, 2012

Changes, Changes and More Changes

There have been a lot of changes over the past year, and the changes are continuing. Some are good, some are not so good and some make me want to pull my hair out. To put it in focus, one of the highlights of the week was finding Kraft mayonnaise for 99 cents. I don't particularly care for mayonnaise so this was strange.

I had to drop ABA for the moment because the expense was no longer in my budget. Now I have a small packet from the therapist for the next set of skills in the ABLLs so that I can go over them with the kid. They're simple skills that would otherwise be overlooked because of the rest of her skills being above them. Now to manage to include the actual time to sit down and teach the skills in a format outside a controlled environment instead of merely reinforcing the skills outside of the environment.

The fact that I now have to go to the laundromat every week thanks to technical difficulty with the washing machine would be an annoyance. I have a week of school uniforms for the kid, which means I need to buy her more. I also need to get the stain remover and a load of whites together. She has a white long sleeve shirt that she can wear to school, but in the condition it is in it can only be worn under her jumper on a cold day. Little kid's love attract stains. The previously white shirt has brown stains on it.

I have attempted a number of times to go through her clothes and get out what is to small or to short for her. It's taking a great deal of time. I'm also attempting to get the ones that she has grown into somewhere I can find them after school and on weekends. I'm still hunting for additional uniforms, the goal is to have two weeks worth, some larger sizes for next year. Then I can put her clothes in the washing machine alone. That would ideal.

Well, I have work to do and another blog to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers