Thursday, August 5, 2010

Appreciating the Small Things

September 9, 2009 Theresa had her first speech evaluation. At that time she tested at a 9 month old communication level. I asked for a reevaluation and it was done yesterday. We compared the results, she ended up at a level of 1 1/2 years of age. Not great but it's a good deal of progress all things considered. I'll take it happily. There are somethings that she has to relearn since she lost them when she moved on to other things. A few worksheets and some more interacting activities to reach those goals.

The preschool starts back the 19th of August. I still don't know what class Theresa is going to be in. I just know that it's a half day two days a week either mornings or afternoons. The most the kids go is four half days and most of them don't get more than two. Theresa needs four days, I have a feeling I'm going to have to come up with the funds for a preschool that teaches the other days of the week. I can't afford it, even the tax deduction isn't worth it. Maybe a part-time day care but she's not ready yet.

I have a feeling unless I can afford a private school, private tutors and all that before she starts school I'm gonna have to move far away. Homeschooling is made more difficult here than in other states. She's have to be enrolled in a Church school or have a private tutor. Hopefully by the time she begins kindergarten they'll be an Educational facility that meets our needs at the Autism Center. They've increased the number of therapists slowly but surely.

Theresa went poop in the potty today, then not two minutes later she wet her pants. On the bright side she tried not to and even asked for the bathroom when she did it. Mommy has to get a little faster if we're gonna keep accidents from happening. She's willing to try.

Four hours of today alone were spent trying to get the knots out of her hair. She's still got a head full of knots but it's not as bad as it was. I'm hoping that one more two hour session will finish getting the knots out of her hair. I refuse to cut it because of this.

Well, I need to get a little bit of work done. I want to move but I need to save some money to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers