Sunday, September 26, 2010

Acting Like Any Other Kid

Yesterday afternoon I took Theresa to a birthday party. She had a blast. Those big blue eyes and cutesy smile were a hit. Once she got comfortable the words began to flow, they didn't always make sense but they were there. She walked around, stared at tattoos and piercings and acted up some.

Theresa actually enjoyed being around people that were more use to actual kids instead of what textbooks told them as a reference. I swear there are times when it gets really annoying to have a therapists that only knows what's in the charts tell me my three year old is just being three. One day maybe they'll realize that they don't spend a quarter of the time with their children that I spend with mine and then don't spend a quarter of a quarter of the time with mine that I do.

Oh well, eventually I'll be able to move away from here and it won't be an issue anymore.

2 comments:

  1. We had fun having her here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot; I have to thank everyone for treating her normally instead of like she has the plague or something. She had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Followers