Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Long day today and tomorrow

OK Theresa began her day with an 11a.m. testing appointment. She did fairly well. She started almost following directions and answered more questions that I would have hoped for a year ago. She had a bit of a problem with arms and legs. It seems she doesn't know them yet, it was kind of hard to tell with a picture of a teddy bear. I didn't know that bears had arms, I always thought they were four legged creatures that had the ability to stand partially upright. By the end of the testing interview when it came time for me to answer questions that ear bleeding  rather high pitched scream was back.

This afternoon she had a half hour of speech that turned into mostly play time because she was so tired. She had worked hard this morning so the therapist gave her a break of sorts. After therapy she wanted to stay and play because the clinic had new toys I'd never noticed before.

Tomorrow we have her four year check up. I have to write down her supplements so that the doctor has them in front of him. I also have to get referrals sent to the doctor we saw today and to the O.T.s office, the referral she had expires tomorrow. I have to remember them or we can't have either of the upcoming appointments. All that's left is to take the green sheet from the preschool teacher the day before the feedback session and we'll be good to go.

Tomorrow after noon we have speech and ABA therapy. That's going to be rather interesting to see how that goes. When school starts back it's going to be even more interesting to figure out, she'll have school, lunch, speech then ABA therapy.

Well, I'm tired just writing this so I'm gonna go. I haven't decided if I'm gonna update the other two tonight or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers