Friday, January 21, 2011

Starting the Weekend Far from Quietly

This morning we had a speech appointment at 9:30. Well, of course it being Friday I wasn't paying attention first thing in the morning. I managed to get Theresa up, fed and dressed what I didn't do was remember to give her morning supplements or put her on the potty. See a problem yet? We got ready to leave and I was about the put her in her car seat when I noticed that not only were her pants wet but she was still peeing.

Of course this meant that I had to take her back inside. Did I mention she doesn't transition well when there are changes made to her routine unexpectedly? She started screaming and crying as I brought her back in the sit her on the potty and change her clothes. It seems that tiny change in the normal routine was enough to make her think that she was in trouble. My little princess was afraid that she wouldn't be allowed to go to speech therapy this morning.

We finally got to therapy and she great once she realized that she was allowed to go with the therapist. She did great during the session and since we came home we've had potty training progress. OK back to life, cartoons may not be ideal but they're a great reward for my little angel when she uses the potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers