Friday, December 10, 2010

Held hostage by cartoons

Other than my morning trip to pick up a few groceries I was held hostage by cartoons the majority of the day thanks to my 3 soon to be 4 year old. We spent the first three years of her life in virtual silence except for the screams and tantrums that she developed so now when she asked for something it's rather difficult to tell her no.

The result? I often spend my days with Scooby Doo, Caillou, Dora and Arthur. She's learned how to give me the remote and make me push the button to bring up the "On Demand" menu. I just with there was some way to get that menu without having to pay for the rest of the channels that get neglected the majority of the time.

I have approximately $30 more than I thought I would for the upcoming holiday! I wasn't expecting to make enough to request the payout for the 15th but I've gotten it in ad revenue. That's good because I've manged one article since all the stress began. I managed to do a load of laundry and put another one in soak in addition to doing the dishes today. I also found all but one of the income proofs I need. I have a copy of my 2009 tax return, she asked for 2010 but unless she's got a time machine I can't get those to her before 2011 since they haven't been filed yet. I found the last two check stubs for hubby and he picked up the letter detailing this pay stub so I can send it where his check stubs normally go. Now to find the address and phone number for the Crawford County D.A. so they can call and get them to fax what they need because I have no clue what in the world they're talking about. I think it's a letter but it's not the letter they think they need as it doesn't exist due to circumstances.

I managed to get some of the baby's crumpled papers out of the floor. Unfortunately it's still not clear enough to vacuum and my back hurts. On the other side of my day, I had yet another fight with hubby for pointing out that his father is a jackass' ass. I'm sorry but I have a tendency to point out the obvious.

Well, insults and rants aren't supposed to be the point here so I'm calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers