Sunday, December 12, 2010

I thought the weekends were for resting

Yes in all my naivety I once thought that the weekends were for resting. Boy was I wrong. My weekends are filled with working and trying to clean the house. I say trying to clean because well my youngest turns 4 the 27th of this month and she's a little disaster area all her own. Never mind the fact that she throws away random papers and other items as she sees fits for puts the dirty clothes in the basket. She's a kid which means that unless she's sure she's tired of a toy it's in the middle of the floor instead of in the toy box which means that before the vacuum can be run there is an hour of picking up toys and tiny cards from the floor.

The laundry never feels as if it's caught up during the winter. The dryer doesn't work and it's too cold to stand outside and hope the tiny bit of sun we get will dry them. So a load at a time hung out in the back until I can find some line to hang a second line. The shirts are easy, they can go on hangers in the shower we don't use and on the door knobs to dry. The jeans get thrown over the futon frame as do the towels. Lighter items get put on my line or own clip hangers.

I think sometimes I fall behind because I'm determined to make a living from home. It's strange as my bills keep increasing while my income keeps falling. Lately I'm being help hostage by cartoons which is a bit aggravating but at least the kid is talking.

This post has taken a turn so that I no longer remember what the point is so I'll call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers