Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Monday Alright.

I can tell that it's Monday for sure. This morning started out easily enough as you know if you read odds and ends. I got my little one home from school when I picked her up early and she noticed the Christmas tree. Long story short, one bath, lunch and a few cartoons later she was nice and hyper.

I just realized a few minutes ago that I haven't put the blanket under her bed yet. I put a think sheet like blanket under it for the time being. It helps to keep it from being as cold in her room where she sleeps. Tomorrow at some point I need to move her crib closer to the heating vent, rearrange the rest of her furniture and make sure that I drag the carpet out of the back bedroom closet.

OK that got me to thinking that I needed to go pull that carpet out since she's been sick and it's cold as well a frozen over you know where. Sure enough the carpet has stuff piled on top of it, not sure why and the closet is freezing......like you could store meat in it. Well, I noticed a comforter on the top shelf in there. I pulled the comforter down, it was freezing cold too and folded it up then shoved it under the end of her bed she was sleeping on. Now watch when I go to move her bed closer to the heating vent and the warmer part of the house it'll need tightening again. I have to leave the bathroom door open at night so that the heat is evenly distributed. If you leave the door closed you suffocate in there.

I had a cat in the duct work this morning so I went to hunt down a screwdriver and let him out. By the time I got the blame vent cover off the cat was no where to be found. I did notice however that I felt a nice little draft from that vent. Well........DUH! There was a cat in it, it had to be down somewhere for him to get into it. I'm looking into alternatives to heating and cooling, hopefully they don't include having someone come run new duct work. We can't afford to have the skirting put back up to keep things out from under this place.

OK that's about it so I'm going away now. Ron White is on and he's making me forget what I'm thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers