Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Gonna Be A Long Day

OK it's 8:20 am and I've been up since about 5:30 this morning. Salem and Sylvester had to be dropped off at the vet between 6:30 and 8:15 this morning for their surgery and rabies shots. I'll pick them up between 7 & 7:30 in the morning. The fee is $6 to cover their anesthesia. That's not too bad.

Theresa was ready to get up a few minutes after I got home this morning. She's watching "Scooby Doo" on Demand right now and playing with her computer. The t.v. in the bedroom is plugged in and I don't know where hubby plugged it in. I've got to find it and unplug it.

The cats kept hubby up all night crying and trying to get out of the carriers. It was easier than hunting them down at five this morning to put them in them last night. When he wakes up he has to go get a battery for the lawnmower. It's so old it won't even take a jump start anymore. I hope it doesn't rain so he can cut the grass. Actually if we get a battery that doesn't need jump starting I can cut the grass before he ever wakes up or most of it. My push mower is great but you can only walk so far in this heat even with the easy walk.

I have clothes in the back drying from last night and some whites soaking in the washer waiting to hang up. The grass under the line needs cutting before I can use it. I have no idea if it's supposed to rain or not. I have some dishes in the sink to do but I don't want to. I need to clean the cat boxes today so they are full of clean litter when the boys come home. It's time to empty the litter completely and wash the boxes. I can do both today since there won't be any cats home to use the boxes. Just have to get the trash can from the side of the road first.

We have speech at 2:30 today that should be enough time to get a lot of work done especially since I've already managed to get some work done today. I read an article about a couple that attempted to be trash free for one year. I think it's good that my family of three only fills the trash can twice a month but I'm wondering just how much longer we can go. I think I'll start keeping track of what we're doing. I have some composting bags for the grass clippings that seem to pile up when it rains a lot. I don't rake I let them go back in the earth but I need some potting soil for next year. I think I'll see if I can't make my own composting device (saw one make out of a plastic container) to plant my veggies in next year.

Time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers