Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This family is getting expensive

Well, tomorrow Theresa gets her B-12 shot. I had a talk with the Kelly today about the fact that she's getting increasingly violent trying not to get the shot and she told me we could cut back to once a week with it since I don't want her off of it yet. She's making fast progress with it. Kelly told me there is a nasal spray that doesn't work as well and is a lot more expensive. I'll have to wait a bit to change her over. Tomorrow we add two new supplements to help her progress; approximately $13. I still haven't gotten the $8 bottle of zinc or the $38 bottle of fish oil replaced. Nice timing huh?

Hubby's blood pressure was sky high last night. I've got to get his stubborn ass back to the doctor but it's a waste of money when he won't do what he's supposed to. He quit drinking so his medicine is more effective when he takes it correctly. I was looking for something on his counter last night and found a prescription from 2007 that's still half full.

I have an appointment to follow up on my eye the 12th at 7:40 in the morning. The doctor told me I could cancel it if my eye felt back to normal. So far it's not quite there, my vision is blurry I"m hoping it's just my bad vision and the fact that I'm wearing the wrong prescription. I think I'll get myself new glasses and brakes for my birthday. I've needed brakes on my truck for a while but my darling hubby doesn't know any better when it comes to being able to stop. He thinks it's supposed to take forever.

I did a load of towels today when we got back from morning therapy. I hand wash the shirt I want to wear tomorrow and a couple of Theresa's night gowns because she needs them and there isn't enough laundry to justify doing another load. I still need to buy her some more plastic pants to cover her training pants and keep her from getting accidents on the floor. Somehow I have ten pair with plastic pants. Why don't they just sell them together? The stupid packs aren't even when you buy them separately.

I can make my dish detergent or use a few slivers of Zote. I like the Zote but it's a delicate wash and to use it for stain removal you have to soften the bar and let it sit on the stain. That's a pain in the butt, the Colgate soap makes me nauseas but you can rub it directly on the stain before you put it in the wash. I can't find Fels Napa or Washing Soda here. The PH increaser is rather expensive and oxi-clean causes foaming.

Now I'm rambling and can't remember what I was saying. I just know that I'm taking back over the baby's shopping. Of course today she kept insisting on a cookie but we didn't have any. She didn't actually want a cookie, she calls rice cakes cookies. Theresa actually likes plain rice cakes, she'll be a lot healthier than I am now in another thirty years.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers