Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer's Started for Us

Today is the last day of preschool for Theresa. She'll be home in about an hour. Tomorrow we don't have anywhere to go. We'll just clean up the house a bit and do some crafts to work on requesting. I've got to get one of the charts the therapist use so I can keep track of what she does and doesn't do. 

I think I'll get her a picture calender/schedule so she knows what order things come in. I'm wondering how long she's gonna sleep when she gets off the bus today. She didn't want to get out of bed this morning. When I went to get her up she rolled over and pulled the covers over head. She talked to herself the entire time she was in the tub. Breakfast was interesting, she didn't want the cereal I gave her. So she got the one she wanted and poured it in the floor creating her own version of an indoor pool. When I got the vacuum out she turned it on and said "There you go." 

Nice of her to help wasn't it? She did good in speech once she got over her stubborn streak. She's come a long way in such a short time. It was September of 2009 when we asked for the initial Autism evaluation. It's now May of 2010 and she's well on her way to functioning on her own in a typical setting. The more progress she makes the more confused I get and the tighter I want to hold on.

Oh well, I'm the one that set the long term goal as her achieving complete independence I've got to follow through. Getting all the stuff out of my kitchen that she can't have is going to be difficult. So far I've eliminated the obvious offenders. Her pretzels contain soy and she got a 1 on Soybeans, I've got to eliminate them entirely for a while. 

The nutritionist charges $40 an hour or $95 for three one hour sections. So I get to come up with $95 to pay at the first visit to save $25 on the visits. OK it's about time to put my shoes on and go get Theresa off the school bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers