Monday, June 14, 2010

Inspiration

Yesterday I followed a link on Facebook to a blog about living on $500 a month or less. I was inspired. Actually I was amazed. I know I have lived with the bills less than $500 a month but I'm not sure I can live off that. I know for a fact my bills are more than that. It did make me wonder if we could get by on less. I wondered if there was anyway to get rid of some of the bills, especially since the bundle for my Internet is fixing to go up. I still haven't written out the child support check because I can't find the coupon like paper that goes with it. I also need to find the records to tell me how much it is this time.

I know there are some costs beyond the bills that can be reduced. I'm wondering how I'm going to get everything done and still get some work done. We're gone for at least an hour and a half four days a week. Friday's we're gone anywhere from three to four hours at a time. Three days a week to focus on work and home isn't an awful lot of time.

I've got to figure out how to fit therapy time (structured) in at home too. This is getting harder and harder. Oh, well, I think I'll give it a shot. Not the $500 a month or less but reducing expenses to see how low I can get them. I'm going to measure the windows and get some window film to keep the heat out of the house. The light bill has to come down during the summer. Winter cold spells bring the bill up and summer the heat in the high nineties and low hundreds runs the bill up something awful.

OK time to get to work then to figure out how to cut down on some of the expenses. I think I'll see just how much it's realistic to do the old fashion way without power. Giving up air conditioning isn't an option in the middle of a field with a few dozen windows to let the heat in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers